IT´S EASY, FAST AND IMPROVE YOUR ABILITIES
- First of all, make sure your client’s pair of old glasses fit perfectly straight on the nose.
- Put on the Sweet Spot Analyzer™ tool on the old pair of glasses (always the old glasses), and use the centering triangle to center the tool.
Do not touch the frame when mounting the centering triangle. Do only touch the pressure areas on the tool.
- Open the Camera app on your iPad PRO 10,5″ OR 11″, and make sure you have an Internet connection.
- Tell your client to stand up (do not sit down), and hold the tablet in their hands like a book.
The IPad front camera should be positioned on the top of the tablet when they are holding it, and the client should see her own face.
- Ask your client to focus on the tip of the nose of the image, and only the tip of the nose with open eyes. Take the picture.
- Open the Sweet Spot Analyzer™ App, and select the last picture taken. An Internet connection is required.
- Increase, turn and move the image until it´s straight in level and you can clearly see the pupils and the iris edges.
If the image is blurred you can take a new picture somewhere else in the room with better light conditions like daylight.
You may use the edge of the Iris as a guideline as well.
If you have any doubt, please use the “Help” button, and we will analyze the image for you.
- Read the far pupillary distance on the horizontal scale, and the progressive corridor length on the vertical scale.
- Put on the new pair of glasses and find the pupillary height as you normally do. You can measure angles as well.
- Ignore other pupillary measures you have, feel confident in the tool, and order your lenses.
Wait and see the response from your client. You will be surprised.
- Always use default progressive addition insert, or select 2.5 mm if required. Do not alter this measure.
This takes more or less one minute, and after a few clients, you will soon forget how you used to measure pupillary distance.